More agricultural, delivery, recovery and construction vehicles are now liable to the annual safety test.
The DVSA is introducing annual testing for some when their current tax is renewable but others must have a test done by 20 May 2019.
Vehicles now needing a test certificate include:
- mobile cranes
- breakdown vehicles (not breakdown vans)
- tower wagons
- some mobile engineering plants
- some trailers designed for the production of asphalt
- road construction vehicles (not road rollers)
- electrically propelled motor vehicles first registered since 1 March 2015
- tractor units pulling exempt trailers
- certain motor tractors and heavy and light locomotives exempted under sections 185 and 186 (3) of the Road Traffic Act 1988, where these are based on an HGV chassis