The SEAT Leon Estate FR 1.5TSI 150PS has won this year’s overall trophy and also triumphed in the Caravan Weight 1100 – 1200kg category in the 39th Caravan and Motorhome Club Towcar of the Year Competition.
Winning for a second year in a row in the 1100-1200kg caravan weight class, Leon Estate proved it was not only best-in-class for towing, but worthy of earning the prestigious title of overall winner.
To determine the winners, each entrant was put through its paces in a variety of driving environments at Millbrook Proving Ground while hitched to a caravan ballasted to 85 per cent of the car’s kerb weight.
The independent panel of expert judges evaluated a total of 32 entrants at the 39th Caravan and Motorhome Club Tow Car of the Year competition.
VW Group models dominated this year’s tests taking five of the categories.
The complete winners’ line-up is as follows:
- Caravan Weight Under 1100kg & Electric Vehicles: ŠKODA Enyaq iV 80 Lounge 82 kWh 204 PS DSG
- Caravan Weight 1100 – 1200kg & Overall Winner: SEAT Leon Estate FR 1.5TSI 150PS
- Caravan Weight 1200 – 1300kg: Volkswagen Golf R-Line 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG
- Caravan Weight 1300–1400kg: Nissan Qashqai Tekna+ (Xtronic)
- Caravan Weight 1400–1500kg: Volkswagen Arteon Shooting Brake R-Line 2.0 TDI 200PS DSG
- Caravan Weight 1500–1700kg: Volvo XC40 Recharge pure electric AWD
- Caravan Weight Over 1700kg: Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid 8-Speed Tiptronic S
- Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles: Volvo V60 Recharge plug-in hybrid T6 AWD
- Family Towcar: Ford Kuga ST-Line X Diesel mhev
- Large Family Towcar: Ford S-Max FHEV ST-Line
- Pick-up: SsangYong P Musso Rhino Auto