By looking at metrics such as number of speed cameras, speeding penalties, potholes, crashes and amount of car traffic Van Ninja were able to reveal the worst cities for drivers in the UK.
Here are some of the key findings:
- Northampton revealed as the worst city for drivers in the UK
- Liverpool revealed as the best city for drivers in the UK
- Birmingham revealed as the city with the most speed penalties
- Leeds revealed as the city with the most pot holes
- Cardiff and Swansea were rated 6th and 9th best cities for drivers
Jonathan Beadle, Commercial Manager at Van Ninja, said, “Driving is a big part of our lives, and for many, it’s an essential part of their livelihood.
“Tradesman, delivery drivers, and commuters rely on our roads to deliver the essential services that we expect every day. But even the best drivers must contend with difficult roads.
“Whether in a van or a car, our research reveals that some towns and cities are better for driving than others. Safe driving is essential, more so for those living in Northampton, Peterborough, and Portsmouth.
“We should always encourage people to drive more carefully and for our roads to be better quality, safer, and accessible for all users.”