Just Tyres have released new research breaking down what goes into making a Formula 1 winner with the season now in full swing.
- The UK is home to the drivers who have competed in and won the most races, with homegrown talent claiming 284 wins since F1 began
- Drivers from Argentina have won 10.83% of their races – the highest percentage of any other country
- Ferrari leads the way with the most races won, at 236. But that’s just 24% of their total races.
- Mercedes have won 39% of races they’ve competed in
- Smaller teams are winning a high percentage of their races with the likes of Offenhauser winning 92% of their races, closely followed by Climax (41% won) and TAG (37% won)
- The age at which F1 drivers hit their peak in performance is 29 years old, with 86 races being won at this age.