The route starts at the tip of the UK at John o’ Groats, all the way down to the most southern point, Land’s End. Which is 837 miles, meaning that there will be stops along the way at charging stations.
Key findings of the exercise:
- Tesla Models S and X shared 1st place finishing with a total time of 16 hours and 18 minutes
- Tesla Model 3 finishing 3rd and over 40 minutes faster than the Audi E-Tron that came in 4th
- Renault Zoe is the cheapest, only costing a driver £53.61 to make the 837 mile trip
- Tesla Model 3 was the 2nd cheapest, totalling £58.40 for the trip, 30p cheaper than it’s bigger brothers
- VW’s E-Golf is the most expensive, costing £35 more than the winning Renault Zoe, with a total of £89.01