Car dealership Brindley Group surveyed over 1000 UK motorists about their thoughts on parking, including skills, parking experiences, opinions on parking situations and reactions to hypothetical situations.
- Over a third of motorists (37%) said that they have received a parking fine.
- 1 in 10 admitted to using their hazard lights as an excuse to park where they want.
- 1 in 5 admitted to not being able to parallel park.
- 3 in 10 (30%) motorists have hit a stationary object whilst parking, and over a third (36%) reported that they have had their vehicle hit by someone else.
- 15% of drivers admitted to have parked in a parent and child bay unlawfully. Also, 15% of motorists have parked in a loading bay unlawfully.
- A quarter of motorists said that they would park unlawfully if they were parking there for a short amount of time.
- With vehicle theft on the rise, over 3 in 5 (61%) drivers do not feel comfortable leaving their car parked away from home overnight.