In a poll conducted by Leasing Options, the Jeep won their vote over the Aston Martin DB5 from the 007-movies.
In Scotland, the most popular movie car was the Ford Mustang 390 used in Bullitt.
Topping the list was the Aston Martin DB5, which first appeared in the James Bond film Goldfinger in 1964 and re-appeared in GoldenEye in 1995.
The DB5 was the first model to have a five-speed ZF gearbox available as an option, with a top speed of 143 mph and a 3,995 cc engine. In the 1964 blockbuster, Bond drove a ‘Silver Birch’ DB5 equipped with a choice of extras, including Browning machine guns behind the front marker lights and bullet-proof shield behind the rear lights.
The Jeep used throughout the original 1993 Jurassic Park film was the 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sahara model in Sand Beige Low Gloss Metallic.
Mike Thompson, Brand Manager at Leasing Options, said, “There are so many nail-biting car scenes from classic films ,and although they might not be suitable for the daily commute, the cars featured on the list have really struck a chord with the public.
“The Aston Marton DB5 achieved instant fame after appearing in Goldfinger and for many it was the undisputed star of the movie. It’s no surprise so many Brits are still lusting after this classic model.”
Britain’s dream movie cars:
- Aston Martin DB5 – GoldenEye (40%)
- Ferrari 355 – GoldenEye (27%)
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (22%)
- The Delorean – Back To The Future (22%)
- Jeep – Jurassic Park (19%)
- Mini Cooper – The Bourne Identity (18%)
- 1971 Ford Mustang – Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) (17%)
- Ford Mustang 390 – Bullitt (17%)
- Ford Deluxe Convertible – Grease (11%)
- Citroën 2CV – For Your Eyes Only (10%)