On a daily basis, over 6,200 Motor Codes garages up and down the nation go above and beyond the call of duty to keep their customers happy.
Now, Motor Codes has developed a checklist for motorists to help them identify if their garage is a shining star or a rusty rip-off.
Stuart White, voted the UK’s top technician and owner of Surrey-based Motor Codes garage ‘Complete Car Maintenance’, supports the drive to raise customer service standards.
“Every customer wants to know that their technician is competent and is equipped with the skills required to fix any issue quickly and efficiently.
“However, this on its own won’t keep customers coming back and won’t raise the standards across our industry, that’s where the Motor Codes Customer Care Checklist comes in.
“By having a quick guide to refer to, motorists can assess if their current garage is above or below par and make an informed choice regarding where they have service and repair work carried out.”
At www.motorcodes.co.uk motorists can search for their nearest subscribing garage using the Garage Finder tool. Additionally, the Code operates a free advice line (0800 692 0825) that has already helped over 2,500 motorists this year – answering questions, providing free conciliation and where necessary initiating independent arbitration.
Motor Codes Customer Care Checklist – a great garage will:
• Agree required work with you and check before starting additional jobs.
• Set a clear price/payment method and won’t change these without checking with you.
• Encourage technicians to discuss work required in a straightforward way.
• Not charge for small/easy jobs.
• Contact you after a few days to ensure you’re totally satisfied.
• Collect customer feedback and act on it to make improvements.
• Treat any complaint as an opportunity to restore satisfaction.
• Leave you feeling well treated and happy to return.
• Offer you a loyalty bonus or reward.