Over 120 crews will contest this Saturday’s Nicky Grist Stages on Saturday 14 July.
The very best competitors from the Jordan Road Surfacing BTRDA Rally Series, Pirelli MSA Welsh Forest Rally Championship, MAXXIS MSA English Rally Championship, MRF Fiesta ST Trophy, FMP Rally Challenge and the Swift Shining Stars Rally Series battling it out over 45 classic Welsh forestry stage miles on the Carmarthenshire and Powys border.
The Quinton MC-organised event will be the first in Wales to run to the new split-seeding rules, whereby lower-powered cars will run first on the road and in reserve order (and be eligible for special Mr Tyre (Motorsport) prizes).
They will be followed after a short gap by the more powerful four-wheel drive cars.
With all four separate stages run twice – Llyn Login, Route 60, Halfway and Crychan – and in excellent condition, it should be a fantastic event for all after the ceremonial start in Builth Wells at 9am..
2018 Nicky Grist Stages – top 10
1. Tom Cave/James Morgan….Mitsubishi Mirage R5
2. Stephen Petch/Michael Wilkinson….Ford Fiesta WRC
3. Matt Edwards/Darren Garrod….Ford Fiesta R5
4. Paul Bird/Jack Morton….Ford Focus WRC
5. Luke Francis/John H Roberts….Ford Fiesta WRC
6. Charles Payne/Carl Williamson….Ford Fiesta
7. Sacha Kakad/James Aldridge….Ford Fiesta
8. Rory Young/Allan Cathers….Ford Fiesta R5
9. Martyn England/Dawn England….Ford Fiesta R5+
10. Martin Cairns/Gary McElhinney….Ford Fiesta WRC